INSA-Rennes, UMR Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes (ISCR)
Junior member of Institut Universitaire de France (IUF)
One of our reseach topic is the design of lanthanide-based Coordination Polymers to build advanced magnetic molecules for magnetic data storage materials.
Keywords : Lanthanides Coordination Chemistry, Molecular Magnetism, Luminescence, Single-Molecule Magnets (SMMs), Single-Chain Magnets (SCMs), Radical Ligands, Metal-Organic Frameworks, Multifunctional Materials, Surfaces.
We are developing RECPs with strong luminescence and/or original magnetic behavior. In this last case we are targeting Single-Molecule Magnet (SMM) properties, i.e. molecules that are able to behave as magnets at the nanometric scale. We are also particularly interested in Single-Chain Magnets (SCMs) that are mono-dimensional Coordination Polymers, 1D analogues of SMMs, and are expected to present more robust magnetic slow relaxation.
Selected publications: Angew. Chem.-Int. Ed. 2020, 59 (2), 780-784, Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 6983-6991 and cover; Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 11044-11057; Inorg. Chem. 2017, 56, 6788-6801; Techniques de l’Ingenieur 2019, re277. Book Chapter: Lanthanides and Actinides in Molecular Magnetism; Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA: 2015, p 89-124;
We turn our molecules into material synthesizing molecular deposits on surfaces. We create films of luminescent SMM for the creation of luminescent and/or magnetic devices. For example, in a collaboration with the Ningbo Institute of Science (China) we have built a electroluminescent device in which the luminescence of molecules is controlled by the electro-migration of copper ions. We also strongly collaborate with the University of Florence (La.M.M.) to deposit films of SMM on surfaces. As an illustration, we have shown that thin films of SMM can be obtained by sublimation of fluorinated molecules. By using Muons Spin Spectroscopy (µSR, collab. PSI) we show that the individual SMM behavior is preserved in the deposition process and is still present in these thin films.
Selected publications: ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 15551–15556, ACS Nano, 2016 10, 5663-5669; Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2018 (3-4), 326-332; Polyhedron, 2019 164, 41-47. Chem. Commun. , 2018 54, 7826-7829.
- PhD Students:
- Felix Houard, Special Funding awarded by INSA Rennes director. financed by MESR (french ministry of research). Started on 15/10/2018.
- Marin Puget, , financed by MESR (french ministry of research). defense on 23/09/2018. » Magneto-optic synergy in lanthanide-based coordination polymers »
- Gang Huang, , financed by Chinese Scolarship Council (CSC), defense on 31/03/2017 “Synthesis, crystallographic and magnetic studies of lanthanide-based molecular edifices”
- Xiaohui Yi, financed by Chinese Scolarship Council (CSC), defense on 07/04/2014 « Structural, Magnetic and Photophysical Investigations on Lanthanide-based Single-Molecule Magnets ».
- PhD Students:
- Post doc:
- Dr Quentin Evrard, EMERGENCE@INC 2018 from CNRS.
- Dr Nimisha Jain (24 mois, encad. 50%), Financed by SAD Région Bretagne 2022
- Post doc: